Clearwater's stretch of sugar white sand beaches enjoys national acclaim and recognition as some of the best in the country, and it's easy to see why. Mile upon mile of soft sand and tranquil turquoise waters are truly a slice of paradise!
Having fun on Clearwater Beach
Beach at Sand Key Park
Our sugar white sand and tranquil, crystal clear Gulf waters create a gorgeous and captivating environment for visitors. An average of 361 days of sunshine per year and a temperate, mild climate make for the ideal beachside paradise. Palm trees swaying in the gentle breeze lull lovers while exciting water sports satisfy the adventurous crowd and full time lifeguards ensure children of all ages can swim and play freely.
Clearwater's pristine beaches have been the honored recipient of a number of awards and accolades in nearly every category, from natural beauty and seclusion to best city beach, and from best family beach to recognition for environmental conservation, as well as many others. Below are just a few of the many awards bestowed upon Clearwater's beaches:
- Florida Travel and Life “Beach Lovers Hot List” 2012
- USA Today Go Escapes “America's Secret Beaches: 25 Secluded Sunspots” 2012
- Washington Family Magazine Reader's Choice Best Beaches for Families 2012
- TripAdvisor’s Traveler's Choice Awards Best Beaches 2011
- Dr. Stephen Leatherman, AKA "Dr. Beach," Best City Beach on the Gulf Of Mexico 2009
- USATODAY.com Top 10 Best Beaches from Maine to Hawaii 2009
- Condé Nast Traveler Best City Beach on the Gulf of Mexico 2006
- Tampa Bay Magazine Best Beach
- Blue Wave Beach Clean Water, Clean Sand Healthy Beaches Campaign
Don't just take our word for it, come visit and see why Clearwater's beaches enjoy such widespread and enthusiastic acclaim.